Thursday, July 3, 2008

One down, four and more to go!

Hi, It’s Alex this time, I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who came to the Outpost’s skate show last week and especially all the folk in the photo below. I don’t know why but I was really nervous about the show last week and I have to say it was really awesome and a lot of fun even though it could have been a bit louder!


(Photo By Megan Cullen)

There were a bunch of people taking photos on the night and some of them are amazing, If you know of anyone who took photos please get them in touch with us, we’d love to see them!

Anyway, last week was the first in a string of shows we’ve got coming up, this week at The Troubadour with Fickle Beasts, Grand Fatal, and Mary Trembles (headlining) – we’re on second. Then next week is us supporting The Grey Daturas – also supporting is Secret Birds, Roshambo and Candlesnuffer. Then the week after is another show at the Troub, this time supporting Children Collide and Spod. Finally, early next month is our album launch at The Hanger! It’s a split launch of sorts cause Lawrence English will be debuting his new sub-harmonic, bone-crushing new album. I’ve only heard one track but it made the floorboards shake under my shoes!

Hopefully we’ll be playing some new songs you won’t have heard yet and we will be trying to be as loud and obnoxious as possible (in a good, Melvin’s kind of way). Oh, I’m so obsessed with the Melvins at the moment. They have a new album called ‘Nude With Boots’ and it’s so brilliant. If you’ve taken to time to read this far then I demand you go get that album.

The other new album that’s finished, packaged and ready to roll, is ours!!! It’s released in shops in a few weeks but if you come to any of the gigs coming up, I guarantee we’ll have some copies in our back pockets to sell. We’ve hand made the damn things and I think they’re more attractive for it, maybe not blood sweat and tears but certainly many, many, many hours of painstaking folding!

Anyway, that’s about as much as I can say without checking with Ian that I got my facts straight. Again, thanks to everyone who had such great things to say to us about last Thursday and I hope to see all y’all real soon.

Here’s some more snaps, they are all taken by Megan Cullen who I have just discovered. You have to go check out her amazing work at her website megancullenphoto and/or megancullenphoto.blogspot and at the end is my contribution to the I Used To Skate Once (Art Show) No.4…



(Photo By Megan Cullen)


(Photo By Megan Cullen)


(Photo By Alex)


(Photo By Alex)

No comments: